There was a fire incident at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport Wednesday night that caused disruption shortly at the Terminal 1C.
It’s said the incident was caused by a conveyor belt at the baggage hall in Terminal 1C and was put off immediately.
The said terminal has since been temporarily closed and flight operations moved to Terminal 1B.
“Kenya Airports Authority would like to confirm that at about 2344HRS last night, we had a minor fire incident at JKIA Terminal 1C, check-in counters 7 and 8 caused by a malfunction of the baggage handling system,” read a statement from KAA
Passengers and staff in Terminal 1C were safely moved and the situation contained by the Airport’s fire response Team.
The Airport Authority said they were working to ensure the terminal resumes its normal operation.